A VPN is a security tool that not only protects your online data and identity but also your device in places like public Wi-Fi hotspots. Moreover, a VPN is also the best tool for getting access to geo-restricted websites and streaming services online. A VPN is not just compatible with Windows, you can easily use it on any platform you need, be it Mac, iOS, Android, Amazon and more. There are various VPN services providing security and anonymity for Windows platform, however, we’re going to explore the best VPN for Windows as well as how you can install them on different windows versions including 10, 8.1, 8, 7 an XP.
Windows has been a front-runner in the operating system race ever since its creation. With the increasing developments in technology and updates in OS, Windows has transformed into one of the most user-friendly operating systems ever. However, Windows still feels far behind in terms of security, whether its device security or online security. But, thanks to the Virtual Private Network (VPN) service, device, and online security are a thing of the past.
Cybercrimes has become common nowadays. Whether you’re using a Windows, Mac OS or Android, your internet privacy is vulnerable against cyber attacks and can be breached easily by snoopers and hackers. Online privacy is important and when you’re using a Windows, it becomes even crucial due to the security loopholes in the platform.
This article will show you the best VPN services you can use on all Windows versions.
Best VPN for Windows 10 and how to install it
As said earlier, there is a wide range of VPN services that offer security and anonymity for Windows 10 users. But we are only going to list down the top 5 VPNs services that are known for reliability and performance so that your Windows users don’t have to worry anymore about their online privacy and security of their devices.
Here is the list of top VPN apps for Windows 10 along with pros and cons:
Here are the top five VPN for Windows 10:
FastestVPN not only is reliable but it also has stayed true to its name as being the one fastest VPNs out there. It offers immaculate online security and privacy, as well as compatible apps for all platforms including Windows 10 and previous versions. The apps are simple and easy to use on Windows and it gives you access to its 80+ servers in over 23 countries. With value-added security features and options comes integrated into its Windows client, FastestVPN is one of the safest VPN providers around and a reliable option that doesn’t cost much but offers all the best security and privacy you need from a VPN.
- Blazing fast connection speed
- Adblocker, NAT Firewall, Anti-Malware
- Compatible VPN app for Windows
- All VPN protocols supported
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Enhanced features for better performance
- Device and Wi-Fi security
- 7-day money-back guarantee
- No free trials
ExpressVPN is a highly reputable VPN provider and a popular choice for many VPN users. It is also one of the best VPN for Windows with a supported app that is immensely easy to use on any Windows version. Whether you want to access blocked and streaming content or want to simply protect your online privacy against snoopers, hackers and government surveillance, ExpressVPN does it all with their compatible VPN for Windows app.
- Incredibly fast servers
- Supports all VPN protocols
- Torrenting and streaming without bandwidth limitations
- Unblock websites
- AES 256-bit Encryption
- Compatible Windows client software
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Only 3 simultaneous connections
- Expensive plans
CyberGhost is a top VPN for windows and ideal and one of the best when it comes to online privacy. It is also an ideal choice for streaming fans as it is fast and will give you access to geo-restricted streams from anywhere. Couple it with your Windows device, and you get a high-level streaming experience with impenetrable online security and privacy.
- 256-bit AES Encryption
- Fast servers ideal for streaming
- P2P supported
- 7 simultaneous connections
- Supports all VPN protocols
- Unlimited server switches
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Free trial available
- No port forwarding
- Customer support is not that great
You may have heard about NordVPN amongst many other popular VPN providers. It is surely one of the best VPNs for mobile platforms, but an even better VPN for Windows. With so many security features embedded in their Windows client, NordVPN gives you the best overall online security and instant access to geo-blocked content.
- 4700+ servers in 62 countries
- Fast connection speeds
- Various VPN protocols supported
- Ideal for torrenting and streaming
- Zero bandwidth limitations
- Unblock websites
- DNS leak protection
- High-level encryption
- best Windows client software
- Money-back guarantee.
- Higher price
IPVanish is another name that comes to mind when talking about the best VPN with top-notch online security and privacy. With IPVanish, your data is safe and protected with strongest encryption protocols and gives you the ability to go anonymous online and access your favorite content without any worries. IPVanish gives you a super user-friendly Windows client that allows you to choose from different server locations and then it connects you to their fastest server offered in that region. This way, you get the device and Wi-Fi security as well as unlimited access to global content, in other words, you get the best VPN for Windows.
- Large servers network
- P2P optimized servers
- Fast VPN connections
- 10 multi logins
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 256-bit AES encryption
- 7-day money-back guarantee
- Based in the US
- No free trials
Setup Windows 10 VPN & Secure Your Device
Every Windows version that has been released till now including Win 10, all of them came with their fair share of bugs and issues. Although, recent Windows versions do come with security features and utility tools to help you secure your device, enhancements in an online security of users is one thing they frequently miss out on. So users have to rely on different third-party software to protect their online data from hackers and snoopers. One of the main tools for online security is, of course, a VPN. Nowadays, the use of VPN has become essential for every user who wants to protect their online privacy. This is why we have provided you with the list of 5 best VPNs for Windows that you can use for online protection. And now we’re going to show you how you can setup Windows 10 VPN and protect your online privacy as well as your Windows device.
Guide to Setup Windows 10 VPN
- Choose the perfect Windows VPN from the 5 VPN for Windows we listed above
- Visit the website of that VPN provider and sign up for a suitable subscription plan
- After that, download its Windows app on your device
- Launch the VPN app on your Windows device
- Select your desired server and hit connect for an instant, access to blocked or choose a server to become anonymous from ISPs, snoopers, and hackers.
Windows 10 Detailed VPN Setup (Step by Step)
Microsoft frequently make updates to make Windows fast and more useful for the users to use. However, the recent Windows 10 updates include manual VPN configuration setup. This means, if your VPN provider doesn’t offer a Windows VPN client, you can easily setup your VPN through manual configuration.
Manually configuring a VPN client is easy, which is why we have created this step by step guide for you to setup VPN for Windows 10 through manual configuration. By following this detailed guide, you can easily setup our VPN on your Windows 10 and connect to your desired server for complete online security and access to global content!
- Go to Network & Sharing Centre from the Window’s control panel and click on “setup a new connection or network”.
- A window will pop up in which you need to choose a connection option. Select “Connect to a Workplace” and click on Next.
- Now, you’ll be asked if you want to choose an existing connection. Select “No, create a Connection” and click Next
- Now click on Use My Internet Connection.
- You’ll now be required to enter your VPN server details. Enter your server details and the name of your VPN service. Once you have entered the required details, click on Create to complete the process.
- Wait until the Windows completely creates and configures your new VPN connection.
- There you go, your Windows VPN profile is created, your VPN connection will appear on the right section of your menu. Click on the new VPN connection name to advance further.
- In the last step, you will require to fill in your VPN account credentials. Once done you can click on Connect. Your VPN account credentials are provided by your VPN provider, once you have them, enter them and hit connect to begin.
Windows 10 VPN Issues
Issues can arise in software and VPN is not an exception, which is why you see VPN providers release new updates to their apps every now and address these issues faced by the client. We analyzed and discussed some of the issues faced by regular VPN users to know what can be done exactly to avoid facing them again in future.
Although the number of issues faced by users isn’t alarming, the fact that most of them face issues only after they do a Window 10 update to their system. This is why we did some work to find out the solution to Windows 10 VPN issues, and we have listed some solutions that will help users in using a Windows VPN smoothly and problem-free.
- Always make sure that you’re entering the correct credential details.
- Those configuring their VPN manually must make sure that they’re entering the right server address; if you don’t, your Windows 10 VPN might not work properly or not work at all.
- If you using an external modem for internet, ensure that it’s working properly.
- Before you connect with a Windows 10 VPN, always make sure you’re connected to the internet.
- If you’re VPN is having connection issues, disconnect your Windows VPN and then connect it with the different protocol. Sometimes, a VPN stop working properly with certain protocols. You can switch between servers to avoid such issues.
Best VPNs for Windows 8 & How to install them
Just like Windows 10, there are various VPN service including the above ones, compatible with older versions of Windows specifically Windows 8. Thousands of users still haven’t updated to Windows 10 due to the fact that Windows 8 is one of the most user-friendly Windows versions. If you’re using Windows 8 or 8.1 on your computer and are looking to get a VPN for added security and anonymity, here is a list of top VPN for Windows 8 – 8.1 that you can opt for:
Top 10 VPNs for Windows 8 – 8.1
- Private Internet Access
Windows is one of the most used operating systems on a computer or laptop. But it is also prone to security threats and cyber vulnerabilities. The only way to avoid or cope with these issues is by using a reliable VPN for Windows. Whether you’re a college student who use your PC to work on your assignments or someone who carries a laptop and is always on the go, there is only one way to solve your PC/laptop security worries and that is with the best Windows VPN.
Windows 8 was released back in 2012 and was an instant hit due to an improved user-interface and platform compatibility for better user experience. Although the version included tons of security features and software, it still lacks behind on online security. However, a VPN for Windows 8 will give you more than just online security. It will give you online freedom and make your device more secure and useful with all the features that come with it.
Therefore, if you’re still using Windows 8 on your PC/laptop and are concerned about your online security, you must get a Windows VPN right now by choosing a suitable one from the above-mentioned lists we’ve provided.
Are There any Free VPNs for Windows 8?
There are tons of Windows VPN providers out there, with many of them offering services for free. However, expecting the same service from a free VPN that you get from a premium VPN provider would be foolish and troublesome. Most free VPN services offer almost to zero online security, they just give you access to blocked websites and that it. Moreover, free VPN providers earn through ads that can negatively affect your browsing experience. On the other hand, a premium VPN provider will use adblocking features to prevent ads from appearing on your Windows screens.
According to reports, free VPN providers also sell your online data to advertisers to earn money. They don’t offer you free service for anything.
This is why a free VPN usually not recommended if you’re looking for a VPN service more than just for unblocking websites.
Apparently, there are some premium VPN services that are affordable and offers you the same features as a level of security like the popular ones does. VPN providers like FastestVPN are light on the pocket and ideal for users who want complete online security and anonymity in a budget.
Top VPNs for Windows 8 Explained In Detail
FastestVPN is one of the quickest VPNs in the market and offers an easy-to-use Windows client app. It has servers all over the globe that allows you to get anonymous in no time. FastestVPN servers are highly-protected with a wide range of security and utility features that keeps you secure all the time while also enhancing your browsing experience. Moreover, subscription packages offered by FastestVPN are reasonably priced when compared to other VPN providers in this list.
ExpressVPN has become a top choice for users in time of need for online freedom and anonymity. It is one of the most sort-after VPN services in the market. It offers user-friendly apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS and can be used simultaneously on up to 5 devices. Military-grade encryption and a large network of servers, especially P2P optimized servers have become a major selling point for ExpressVPN and it’s a trusted VPN provider and is considered one of the best VPN for Windows in the world right now.
3. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost has been around in the online industry for a while now. It’s a trusted and reliable VPN provider that offers a large quantity of VPN servers for easy and instant access to restricted content. Its incredibly fast servers allows you to browse and stream anything on any device you want without any limitations. You can use CyberGhost VPN on 7 devices simultaneously. Security wise, CyberGhost isn’t far behind as it also offers standard level of encryption with AES 256-bit encryption and a bunch of security protocols for online protection and data safety.
NordVPN offers Windows compatible VPN app that is super easy to use and includes all the security options available. NordVPN has a huge server’s network and its servers are P2P optimized and ideal for streaming. It is embedded with all the security features that enable you to enjoy online freedom on your Windows devices without any issues and it also provides 24/7 customer support. An excellent VPN for Windows and the best all-round VPN service.
IPVanish offers thousands of servers you can connect to on your Windows device through its well-designed Windows client software. IPVanish offers all the options and features in their Windows app while giving you the ability to enjoy online freedom and anonymity simultaneously on other devices like Mac, iOS and Android.
Windows 8 VPN – 2 Minute Setup Guide
Below we’ve created a step by step manual configuration guide you can follow to easily setup a VPN for Windows 8. You can choose different protocols to setup VPN on your Windows 8. Simply follow the below guide:
- First, go to ‘Settings’ of your Windows 8. In settings search bar, type ‘VPN’. Now click on ‘Setup a virtual private network (VPN) connection’.
- A window will pop up, Select ‘Setup a new connection or network’ and now you have to choose a connection option. Choose the last option ‘Connect to a workplace’.
- Now, you will be asked about how you want to connect, Select the first option ‘Use my Internet connection (VPN)’.
- Now you will see a new window where you can create a new connection. Here you need to enter your IP address and the name of the VPN server you wish to connect. You will get these details from your VPN provider once you’ve subscribed to its plan. After entering all the details, click on ‘Create’ to complete the connection setup.
- You will see a new ‘VPN Connection’ being created; now to the next step.
- Access ‘Connection Properties’ by right-clicking on the connection icon from the icon tray in the bottom left corner of the main menu.
- After the connection properties windows are displayed, click on the ‘Security Tab’ and choose your preferred protocol.
- You can choose any protocol to configure VPN on Windows 8 like PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP, IKEv2, etc. Suppose you have selected PPTP as your desired protocol, now follow the instructions to continue with the process.
- In the security tab, select ‘PPTP’ or ‘Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol’ and apply the settings and done!
- Now click on the newly created ‘VPN Connection’. Type in your ‘Username’, ‘Password’ (provided by the VPN provider) and finally click ‘Connect’.
- Wait until the connection is established. Ensure that your VPN service is connected.
- Unblock websites and become anonymous anytime anywhere with the best VPN for Windows 8.
Best VPN for Windows 7 & How to install them on Windows 7
Here are the best VPN providers you can choose to connect to if you’re running Windows 7 on your system:
- Private Internet Access
How to Setup a VPN on Windows 7 (2 Min Setup Guide)
Windows 7 was one of the most innovative Windows versions after Windows XP. It had a unique interface and offered great features for enhanced security and accessibility. There are different methods through which you can connect a VPN on Windows 7. Let’s start with the easiest one:
Quick Configuration Guide to setup VPN for Windows 7
- Subscribe to your preferred VPN for Windows 7 from the above list.
- Click on the Start button from the Windows main menu and Type “VPN”.
- Click on the Virtual Private Network (VPN) Connection option.
- Enter the VPN server IP address and Domain Name Server provided by your VPN provider an then Click Next
- Now enter your VPN Username and Password, also provided by your VPN provider and then click Connect
- Select your desired server you wish to connect to and enjoy!
Alternative Methods to setup Windows 7 VPN
You can also setup VPN for Windows 7 using the alternative methods given below:
- Download and install a VPN client (Windows 7 VPN software)
- Manually configurations for Windows 7 VPN setup
Let’s take this one at a time.
Option 1 – Download and use a VPN
First, you have to subscribe to a VPN provider of your choice. To select a suitable VPN service from the list of best VPN for Windows 7 list above:
- Look for a VPN provider that offers device compatibility across multiple platforms, 256-bit encryption, a large servers network, and 24/7 customer support.
- Make sure the VPN provider you choose does offer VPN setup tutorials. The VPN providers we’ve listed above offer detailed setup tutorials for various platforms and devices including Windows for multiple protocols.
Now choose a suitable price plan by your preferred Windows VPN provider and subscribe to it.
- Choose a package with at least a 3-day money back guarantee.
- Select a suitable payment method of your choice.
Once you have signed up to your preferred VPN provider, you may
- Get redirected to a download page from where you can select and download the VPN provider’s client software for Windows 7.
- Instantly get an email to a download page from your VPN provider.
Once you’ve downloaded the Windows 7 VPN client, install it to your system. You can use the setup guide we provided you earlier for easy installation.
After the installation is done, launch VPN for Windows 7 and enter your VPN account credentials, mainly username and password that you have gotten after signing up for the service.
Select your preferred protocol. Then select a server location you wish to connect, and finally hit Connect.
- PPTP is recommended if you want to stream videos. You can select L2TP for enhanced security if are going to sign in to different accounts, especially social media. Select SSTP if you want to conduct financial transactions.
- You’re now connected to the best VPN for Windows 7.
To disconnect, simply use the same button you click on to connect. The next time you want to connect to your Windows VPN, simply launch the VPN client and select a desired protocol and server location and hit connect. You’re good to go!
Option 2 – Manually setup VPN on Windows 7
For many Windows users, Windows 7 is still one of the favorite versions and the most user-friendly edition to date. The process of setting up a VPN on your Windows 7 will be super easy for you if you’re still using the version. Just like on Windows 10 and 8, a VPN for Windows 7 will secure your data through high-level encryption and move it through a secure tunnel that shields you from online threats.
Before you start configuring your Windows 7 VPN. You must get the following details from your VPN provider:
- The server IP address you will be connecting to.
- VPN account credentials; mainly username and password of your VPN account. You must get these to be able to connect to a VPN network.
- Also, ask your VPN provider about the different VPN protocols you can select. (PPTP, L2TP, UDP, TCP, OpenVPN, etc.)
Once you availed this information, you can start manually configuring your VPN for Windows 7.
- First of all, go to the system’s Control Panel
- Select Network and Internet from the list of options and then select Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on “Setup a new connection or network” option.
- A new window will pop up asking you to select a Connection Option. Choose “Connect to a workplace” and click next.
- Now select “create a new connection” and move forward by clicking next.
- No, you will see a new window asking how you want to connect. You will see two options; Select: Use my Internet connection (VPN).
- Now you will see a setup wizard where you need to enter the Internet address and Destination name details.
- Enter the server IP address you wish to connect and enter the VPN name provided to you by your VPN provider.
- You will find different options you can mark check according to your own preference. Choose your own settings by marking check-boxes as per your preference.
- In the final step, you will be required to enter your VPN account credentials. Enter your VPN account username and password that is provided by your VPN provider.
- Once you do that, go to network & sharing center and you will see your new VPN connection has been created. Click on the new VPN connection you created and you will see your username and password already filled out. Re-enter your username or password if required.
- Before hitting connect, go to network properties -> Security Properties and select your preferred VPN protocol as well as the encryption level from the list. Click Ok to return to the VPN connection screen.
- Now, simply hit connect and enjoy online freedom on your Windows 7 like never before.
Best VPN Service for Windows XP
Somehow, many VPN service providers still offer VPN services compatible with Windows XP, which is a great sign since there are still many users who use Windows XP and doesn’t prefer its successor versions due to the user-friendliness and simplicity Windows XP offers.
Here are the best VPN for Windows XP you should know about:
- Private Internet Access
How to Setup a VPN on Windows XP
Windows XP is the most popular Windows versions and one of the most user-preferred operating system. Windows XP was used and still is, by millions of users around the world since it was released back in 2001. It offered a wide range of features and security options for high-level security and better performance.
Setting up VPN for Windows XP is easy and will not take much time. There are two ways through which you can setup a VPN on Windows XP:
- Download and install a windows XP VPN client
- Manually configure VPN on Windows XP
Here are the two methods explained in detail:
Method 1: Download and Install a Windows XP VPN client
- Subscribe to a VPN service of your choice from our list of top 10 VPN for Windows XP given above. Choose a VPN that has a large network of servers and a minimum 7-day money-back guarantee.
- Once you have signed up with your preferred VPN service, you need to download the VPN client for Windows XP from the VPN provider’s website. Your VPN provider may send you to download page link via email.
- After you’ve downloaded the VPN software, install it on your Windows XP system
- Once downloaded, launch the Windows XP VPN client and provide your VPN username and password and hit enter.
- Once logged in, select your preferred VPN protocol and then a server location
- Finally, hit ‘Connect’ and enjoy unlimited online freedom on Windows XP.
Method 2: Manually Configure a VPN on Windows XP
The other way to setup a VPN on your Windows XP is by manually configuring your VPN settings that is either provided by the VPN provider or available on their website. Here is the process to manually setup VPN for Windows XP:
- Click ‘Start’ from Windows XP main menu. Go to ‘Control Panel’ and then select ‘Network and Internet Connections”
- A new window will pop up. Select ‘Network Connections’ and then choose ‘Create a new connection’ option
- Hit ‘Next’ and then select ‘connect to the network at my workplace’ from the list of options and Hit ‘Next’ again.
- Now Select ‘Virtual Private Network connection’ and then hit ‘Next’
- Enter the name of your new VPN connection and click ‘Next’
- Enter your preferred server IP address and hit ‘Next’
- Choose the option “Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop” and then click ‘Finish’
- Now you need to provide your VPN accounts credentials like username and password
- Choose the option ‘Save this username and password for the other users’
- Now click on ‘Properties’ and then go to the ‘Networking’ tab
- Choose your desired protocol through the drop-down menu, i.e. ‘PPTP VPN’
- Uncheck ‘File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks’ and then hit ‘OK’
- Finally hit ‘Connect’ and wait until the VPN connection is established
- There you go, you are now connected to your desired VPN service
Top 5 VPNs for Windows Phone
The best way to protect your Windows phone form online threats is by using a VPN for Windows Phone. A Windows Phone compatible VPN will offer security and give you access to geo-blocked content that couldn’t access before.
At the same time, it will also protect you against ISPs and government surveillance straightaway. This is why a VPN for Windows phone is the only way to protect your online data while accessing any content you want from anywhere.
List of 5 Best VPNs for Windows Phone
To choose the best VPN for Windows phones, you need to go through various factors like features, pricing, privacy level, support and a money-back guarantee to make your final decision. To help you with your decision, we have done the research for you and compiled a list of best VPN services for Windows phone. The list of VPN providers includes:
VPN Setup for Windows Phone
Although Windows phones are not the most popular smart devices right now, however, there are many still using it around the world. This is the reason most VPN providers still offer VPN compatibility with all windows devices including Windows phones.
To setup up a VPN for Windows phone, you need to first create a VPN profile. Once you have created a Windows profile, you can begin setting up your VPN on Windows phones 10 and 8.1.
Here is the whole process to setup VPN on Windows Phone 10:
- Go to Settings and select Network & Wireless
- Now select VPN and then click “Add a VPN Connection”
- Now select Windows (built-in) then enter the name of VPN profile you created in the Connection Name Box
- Enter the VPN server IP address in server name or address box
- Choose the VPN type for the connection you want to create. Only choose the one that your VPN provider offers
- Choose between the type of credentials or sign-in info to use
- Enter your username and password, then click Save
- To edit VPN connection info, you can go to VPN connection > Properties
- Now, go to apps list and select Settings and select Network & Wireless > VPN
- Select the VPN Connection you created, then choose Connect option
- Type your VPN username and password and hit connect
- Done, you are now connected to your VPN service. Enjoy browsing global content with anonymity on Windows Phone.
Why Do You Need a VPN for Windows in 2018
Privacy and Security Issues
The Internet is an open platform where you nobody is safe. It is full of good and bad users. No matter what you do, if you’re using the internet without any caution, you are giving cyber criminals a chance to attack and steal your confidential data. They can attack you with viruses, spam bots, malware, and other cyber threats. your online is always at risk if you don’t take the necessary measures immediately.
Cybercriminals are always on a try to attack your online security. Furthermore, if you live in a country that is a member of the 14 eyes countries, you are more vulnerable over the web then you know. The 14 Eyes is an alliance that gathers online data of its users through surveillance and share it with each other for their benefit. So basically you’re surrounded by online threats and you must escape from them to ensure your online safety.
A VPN is the only tool that can protect you against these threats. It allows you to encrypt your online data through military-grade encryption and mask your IP to make you appear in another country. Thus allowing you to secure your online identity from cybercriminals and government surveillance.
Online censorship has become a norm for copyright holders to prevent international users and non-subscribers from accessing their content. In countries like China, USA, and even Russia, online censorship or geo-restriction is practiced excessively. For instance, if you live in the UK and try to access a US-based streaming channel or website, you will be prevented from doing that since the channel/website is only accessible from within the US.
In order to get access to a specific geo-restricted website/channel/service from anywhere, you must get a VPN as soon as possible. A VPN allows you to connect to its servers available in multiple countries where your desired content is accessible and enjoy your favorite content without any restrictions.
Streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer though popular around the world, are not accessible from anywhere. Netflix and Hulu are only available for access within the US, while BBC iPlayer can only be accessed in the UK. For the rest of the world, access to these streaming platforms is restricted. You cannot enjoy the rich media content of these services unless you have a VPN.
A VPN including the ones we have listed above are ideal for accessing these platforms from anywhere. If you are a Windows users and wants to enjoy Netflix US content and BBC iPlayer TV shows, you must get a top VPN for Windows to get unrestricted access to your desired platform.
It’s a known fact that NSA, the National Security Agency in the United States, has been spying on online users of US for decades. They have been spying and recording your online activities, chats, and financial transactions in the name of national interest. Ultimately they are breaching your online privacy and taking away your online freedom.
The only way to stay protected against NSA surveillance in through a Windows VPN. By using the best VPN for Windows, you can protect your online activities with military-grade encryption and help you escape government surveillance by hiding your real IP address.
How to Test Windows VPN App’s Performance
A VPN is of no use if it doesn’t protect you online or isn’t fast enough to give you instant access to restricted content. To know whether your Windows VPN client is fast and reliable, you must first test it know if it’s up to the mark. To do that, you can perform speed tests using speed testing app or online on speedtest.net to check the download and upload speeds of your VPN service.
You must also check for IP and DNS leaks. You can use tools like ipleak.net to check how secure your VPN is. Many Windows VPN providers’ promises IP cloaking and fast speeds, but it is always recommended to first test your Windows VPN client before making any decision.
If you’re VPN is IP and DNS leak proof and offers fast speeds, then there is no need to be concerned about your online anonymity, you can simply stick to your choice.
One more thing, make sure you choose a VPN provider that offers a free trial or at least 7-day money back guarantee. If it doesn’t, don’t go for it!
Windows is the first and the best operating system for many years. You can do perform different tasks on it; whether you want to watch movies, complete office work, or simply browse the internet, you can do almost anything you want. However, when we talk about internet privacy, Windows is a little far behind in terms of protecting your online data. But using a Windows VPN can solve this problem in no time. Doesn’t matter which Windows version you are using, a VPN can be used on almost all Windows versions. We’ve listed the best VPN for Windows 10, 8-8.1, 7 and Win XP above that are popular worldwide and offer complete online privacy and security as well as unlimited access to your favorite content from anywhere. So, if you’re ever concerned about your device and online security, get a suitable VPN service for Windows and secure your online privacy against all kinds of cyber threats.